Now that many of us are working from home, it can be challenging, finding a balance between our work and our home-life. And – to add to that it’s spring and as the days get longer, a lot of us are feeling the urge to get things done.
Well, we have some quick and easy tasks you can do while you are taking a break from work. They’ll give you a jump-start on your spring gardening and spring-cleaning chores and help you clear your head too!
Sometimes working from home requires a step outside to reset.
- Pick one hydrangea and prune off last year’s spent growth.
- Take a quick inventory of your outdoor containers to refresh.
- Look at your garden tools and decide if you need any replacements.
- Sweep your front steps.
- Pull up some shot-weed.
Spring rains keep us inside. Taking a working from home break indoors can still be refreshing.
- Groom one of your houseplants.
- Look at the light in your space during your breaks. Maybe you can find a new plant that can work in that light?
- Check if any of your houseplants need repotting.
- Plant some microgreens.
- Clean out one kitchen drawer.
And most of all – be sure to take a moment, step outside, stretch, and take a deep breath of fresh air to break up your new working from home routine. If you don’t have time to get your hands dirty on your break, take a few minutes to indulge in some Garden Yoga.
Happy Working from Home & Gardening!